I AM MEREANA

Sunday, 7 June 2015

Hello Queenstown!

Last Thursday I flew into Queenstown airport. This was after my flight was cancelled, delayed (twice) and stopped in every major airport on the way down the country.

Snow capped mountains 
Nonetheless, flying into Central Otago is always like a homecoming for me. After living in Wanaka for 2012 and calling Queenstown my New Zealand seasonal home in 2014 and 2015 I'm hardly a local but it still feels pretty special.

NB: to be a local your great-grandmother's uncle must have inherited land from his third cousin's wife and every generation lived here ever since without even leaving to visit Glenorchy. And complain bitterly about tourist drivers. Even then your status might be dubious... I digress.

Early season snow

My new home overlooks Lake Wakatipu, Kelvin Heights, The Remarkables and stretches as far to see Walter Peak and far down the western end of the lake towards Mount Nicholas. It's pretty ok.

The Remarkables

No comments:

Post a Comment