I AM MEREANA

Tuesday, 14 July 2015

Itchy feet & six day weeks

This post is almost pointless. It's pointless in the fact that I haven't planned it, probably won't edit it and will hold almost nothing of substance or importance.

Without further ado, pointlessness!

Remarkables sunrise

Yesterday was my day off, why I didn't properly plan and write a blog post yesterday is because I was too busy doing absolutely nothing. I watched hours of Suits 4/5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and two movies (McFarland, USA 3.5/5⭐️⭐️⭐️✩ and The Longest Ride 2/5⭐️⭐️). Now it's just gone 7am and I'm on my way to work very shortly (in fact, I should've left already but I've decided to go in a bit later).

While I was using my singular day off (we're working 6 day weeks due to high business levels) for pure escapism I did indeed feel the need to escape. Escape to; the warmth of springtime, swimming, riding horses, eating fresh fruit, digging my toes into the sand, daylight until 10pm.

Recently a person by the name of Deni posted an extremely valid reminder in a community forum about the importance of looking after each other in winter months. Seasonal Affective Disorder is a full-on thing - depression brought on during autumn and winter thought to be due to lack of light. It is a timely update especially as seasonal staff who spend double the amount of time in winter.

This is how I'm going to try to look after myself:
💟 Do exercise
💟 Eat good food
💟 Be kind to myself
💟 Sleep lots
💟 Surround myself with people I love

That's it, that's all.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment