Weeeeee!
Recently I went to San Francisco. I've now been to San Francisco twice, the first time in 2009/10 with my family and the more recent time was the middle of April.
I spent 3 full days and stayed 2 nights at a hostel a couple of blocks from Union Square and managed to walk until my feet hurt every day and then more.
Travelling by myself was no novelty so I happily meandered about with my own tourist checklist.
 |
| Holla at my girl working that pole... Union Square, San Francisco. |
California did not disapp
oint! It was so sunny and 27°C on the first day meant I was one sweaty betty.
 |
| Lanterns, Chinatown, San Francisco. |
5 years ago on our very first night in the States, my parents and I walked through Chinatown, got corralled into restaurant by street hawkers (100% because we needed the bathroom) and found an incredibly well-stocked Chinese herb shop.
 |
| North Beach, San Francisco. |
 |
| Lombard St, San Francisco. |
Something new! We didn't manage to see this last time.
 |
| Top of Lombard and a cheeky selfie. Lombard St, San Francisco. |
 |
| A collaborative art space. San Francisco. |
 |
| Free ride... Fisherman's Wharf Cable Car, San Francisco. |
I am very adverse to taking money out of ATM's while travelling. I hate giving my bank extra money just because I'm overseas. It's one of the things that absolutely winds me up. This was my last day and I was short on cash. Fortunately, while I was hanging out next to this cable car a very nice gentleman came up and gave me his ticket.
 |
| Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco. |
I mean...would it be a trip to SF without this picture? I ate clam chowder and dodged slow-walking Texan tourists (and saw a naked bicycle parade!).
 |
| Can you find the odd one out?! MAC pop-up show, San Francisco. |
Guuuurl. Werk it. Found this MAC Cosmetics pop-up show at the bottom of Powell St. It was fantastic. Absolutely everything was pink and each afternoon (they were there Fri, Sat, Sun.) they ran a hair and make-up show on the models pictured above as well as having free make-up tutorials and demos to promote their spring collection (which is actually fantastic).
I passed by a couple times before I got the courage to get this photo. The next day I went back and actually got some make-up done. It was like Make-Up 101 for me... Hello rookie! Also, the guy on the end was unbelievably charismatic, definitely stole the show.
 |
| Embarcadero, San Francisco. |
Bay Bridge market! On my last day in SF I made a trip to the Embarcadero building to pay homage to the trip my mum and I made on our last day in the States half a decade ago. Also, the farmers market is insanely good.
 |
| Not so famous but still good to look at. Bay Bridge, San Francisco. |
 |
| Pier 39, San Francisco. |
 |
| Carousel. Pier 39, San Francisco. |
 |
| Lazy Sea Lions. Pier 39, San Francisco. |
Pier 39 was heaps of fun. I didn't plan to go there but saw it out of the street car window and jumped out impulsively (not while it was moving). I'm so glad I did.
 |
| That red bridge. Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco. |
Yeahhhhh, squinty face for the win! I made a friend with a fellow solo traveller over mutual non-verbal photo requests of ourselves. (Actually, he looked like a major douchebag and scowled at my inferior iPhone 4).
 |
| Painted ladies, San Francisco. |
Getting out to the infamous terrace houses, the Painted Ladies, was a bit of a mission. When I finally got to Alamo Square I did have a moment of, "Is that all?". In hindsight, I'm so glad I made the effort, they're pretty cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment